
Until Micheala was born, I never really understood how intense your love for your child is. No matter what she does, or how badly the day is going a hug and a kiss seem to wipe it all away. I'm under no illusions that this is how it will always be. In fact, I know I need to stay strong and probably toughen up some. A hug and a kiss won't always correct a wrong. BUT for now, while she's still young, it does.
When she was an infant I used to look at her, hold her, and cry. I was in awe!!! I did this again today as she came running down the hall in her birthday suit telling me that she had a bath and wanted butt cream. I couldn't help but smile and hug her as we finished her nighttime routine.
When Micheala was born, I asked a close friend of the family which stage he loved the most so far, his daughter was four at the time, and he said, "all of them". I miss her being so little and cuddly. I miss how she used to fall asleep on my chest or curl up with me for a nap. But I LOVE how she calls out my name and announces that I'm her mommy!! How she grabs onto me and kisses me. How the simplest things make her glow. She is amazing and I am blessed!!! I pray that I have many more stages to watch in her life. I also agree with Mark, I love EVERY stage so far...
No comments:
Post a Comment