Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vacate

So, I guess Micheala is going to get her first ride in an airplane. As Ike approaches, The Woodlands citizens begin to freak out a little bit. The grocery stores are completely out of bread, water, propane, and ice. Maneuvering around the store was quite a challenge and the lines were pretty long. It took Micheala and I an hour to get through the store, and we only bought $50 worth of supplies. (Not much.) Many gas stations are out of gas completely and the ones that aren't have HUGE lines. Luckily, my family decided to fill up on gas yesterday when we thought that Ike might be a problem. As far as food and water, we made sure to get all of that stuff when we thought another hurricane was on our way. Unfortunately/fortunately, that storm moved somewhere else.
The school that Josh works at has an investor that is asking someone to fly his plane away from the storm. Josh volunteered for the task. It is a six seater plane, and should have plenty of room for Micheala, Josh, and I. It is also air conditioned, which is definitely a plus. I'm not sure that Micheala will keep her headset on in the plane, but Josh assures me that we won't damage her ears. *Really that is my only concern about this whole volunteer mission.
I'm hoping that everything goes well, and that this hurricane will leave minimal damage on Houston. Stuff is just stuff, but it still hurts knowing that we could lose a lot of important stuff.
I'll let everyone know how we fair the storm later. Please be in prayer for us here in Texas.


SOOOOOOO, just kidding about leaving with Josh. It looks like Micheala and I will be staying in Houston and braving the storm. Josh will be flying the investor's friends out to Fredricksburg, TX. Josh will be gone and away, and I will be hanging tight with Micheala. Hmmm....which position would you rather be in?

1 comment:

"G" Family said...

We will be watching the storm and praying for you. Guess this is where living with family really comes in handy. More to brave the storm with :)

All about us....

My photo
Josh and I met while working for a Chick-fil-A in Winter Springs, FL. He was my prom date and my dream! We married five years later, and are about so celebrate our sixth wedding aniversary! We both graduated from the University of Central Florida. He majored in Management Information Systems, and I am an Elementary Education major. We are have started many new adventures in the last few years. We have a BEAUTIFUL little girl! She was name after our best friend, Michael Callin, who went home to be with the Lord August 2, 2006. She has been a true blessing to us! We really enjoy her. We've recently moved to Texas to pursue a career change for Josh! He is a PILOT now! So cool how God works!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Poppy Designs