Friday, September 19, 2008

Blessings

Our pilot for the trip to Fredricksburg, TX. Yes, his head is touching the roof of the plane, which hurt during the moments of turbulence.


Micheala and I trying to stay occupied on the hour flight. Micheala did GREAT! I was worried since she wasn't wearing a headset.

Micheala and I at one of the lookout point for a old railroad tunnel, which is now home to bats. We returned later that night to watch them come out of the tunnel! It was pretty cool! Micheala didn't seem to care one way or the other though.

This is were we stayed in Fredricksburg, right above the bar section of the brewery. It was neat stepping right out on Main Street though.

Poor, tired Daddy and his little girl. We tried to take her out and keep her occupied, but she just wasn't feeling well, and you can see how much sleep Josh and I got the night before. (1 hour)

Ike was a pretty nasty storm for Texas. Galveston is almost completely destroyed from what I've seen on TV and heard from others. Houston fared much better, but wasn't without its issues. There are still many many people with no power, and some with no homes because of falling trees. My parent's home was safe, and not a single shingle was missing. I was completely shocked! There were flooded roads, and some homes flooded as well. Again, we didn't fit into this category.

Josh's passengers to Fredricksburg, ended up deciding to stay in Houston because they couldn't fit their golf clubs into the plane. Again, another blessing because Micheala and I got to go with him. Micheala was pretty sick the whole weekend, and the accommodations that were set up for us was above a bar, BUT we had power, and a safe place to sleep. No air and power with a sick baby wouldn't not have been a lot of fun. We tried to fly back on Sunday but there was a flight restriction for Houston, but we were able to fly into College Station. My little brothers and their sweet girls were GREAT hosts, and we enjoyed our time with them. We stayed until power was up, Thursday.

Mom and Dad were fine, a little stressed with trying to find ice, food, and a generator. They never were able to find a generator, but their neighbors across the street had power so they kept some items over there. Mom said they had a party almost every night in the driveway, mostly because they wanted everyone to know that they were indeed home. (***Looting has been a problem in the area.***)

Thank you for all of your prayers. I know that there were many many people praying for Houston and Galveston this past weekend.

No comments:

All about us....

My photo
Josh and I met while working for a Chick-fil-A in Winter Springs, FL. He was my prom date and my dream! We married five years later, and are about so celebrate our sixth wedding aniversary! We both graduated from the University of Central Florida. He majored in Management Information Systems, and I am an Elementary Education major. We are have started many new adventures in the last few years. We have a BEAUTIFUL little girl! She was name after our best friend, Michael Callin, who went home to be with the Lord August 2, 2006. She has been a true blessing to us! We really enjoy her. We've recently moved to Texas to pursue a career change for Josh! He is a PILOT now! So cool how God works!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Poppy Designs